Terms and Conditions
Welcome to Empathy Tours!
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use Empathy Tours if you do not agree to take all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person log on this website and compliant to the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Netherlands. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
- Empathy Tours LTD. provides transportation, accommodation bookings, restaurant meals, excursions and other services in cooperation with independent suppliers.
- All information detailed in client itineraries is given to the best of Empathy Tours ’ knowledge and based on the latest information available. Empathy Tours cannot be liable for modified information from third parties, nor for any obvious typing errors.
- To reserve flights and gorilla permits we need: your full names as they appear in passport, your nationality and passport number.
- Before confirming a safari, the client must inform Empathy Tours of any preferences and special requests of the participants; e.g. medical needs, diet, requirements relating to disabilities and any other requirements. Empathy Tours will meet the requests if possible.
- All packages are subject to availability and not guaranteed until confirmed. Many lodges and hotels offered by Empathy Tours have limited capacity and therefore it is essential to make reservations well in advance of your planned trip.
- In the event that you wish to amend your reservation in any way, Empathy Tours will make the preferred adjustment where practicable and possible and confirm accordingly. Empathy Tours reserves the right to charge an amendment fee relative to the actual costs, which will be added to the total invoice.
- Empathy Tours reserves the right to change and re-adjust the tour schedule, transportation, accommodation and services indicated in the itinerary in the event of unforeseen circumstances before arrival. Any changes to the itinerary will be communicated to the client as soon as possible.
- The prices quoted for the various safaris are as per the itinerary and include the following services, unless stated otherwise: overnight in hotels, guesthouses, tents or lodges, all meals as indicated, sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary, park entrance fees and ranger fees, airport transfers where applicable, ground transportation, English speaking driver/guides and bottled mineral water in the vehicle.
- Expenses that are not covered: international and domestic air fares, visa and passports, meals not mentioned in the itinerary, drinks other than the mineral water provided in the vehicle, tips and gratuities for the guides and accommodation staff, laundry, travel insurance and other items of a personal nature.
- Prices on the website or quoted to our clients are subject to change without notice and are not guaranteed until confirmed in writing.
- Empathy Tours reserves the right to adjust prices at any time should there be any fluctuation in the exchange rate or increase in the cost of any element of the tour. The company will however make every effort to minimize any increases.
Execution of the tour
- It is a privilege to see animals in their natural habitat and as such, we cannot guarantee wildlife or game viewing. You must take caution when viewing the animals and carefully follow the instructions given by either the tour guide or wildlife rangers.
- A gorilla or chimpanzee permit guarantees clients will be able to track the primates in question but does not guarantee that the animals will be in plain sight.
- Accommodation is based on a twin or double bedded room, tent or banda, with private bathroom where possible. Single rooms may be available with the payment of a supplement fee but availability cannot always be guaranteed.
- Empathy Tours reserves the right to substitute equivalent or superior hotels. If a hotel of equivalent standard is not available Empathy Tours may substitute the next best quality hotel or suggest superior standard accommodation (extra charges may apply).
- The mode of transport used will be dependent on the number of clients and the route taken, based on the specifications of the chosen itinerary. Every effort is made to ensure that vehicles are provided in a roadworthy condition but no liability can be accepted for a puncture, breakdown, damage, or any delay as a result of the poor road conditions.
- Experienced English speaking driver/guides are a key part of your tour. They are the only person(s) allowed to drive Empathy Tours ’ vehicles. The driver’s decision on all matters, such as the route taken, is final.
- Empathy Tours reserves the right to alter any route or arrangement, to cancel the operation of any scheduled tour or vary the safari services in any way in the event of unforeseen circumstances, such as road closures, bad weather, problems with national parks or hotels and security considerations. In such cases, alternative arrangements will be made as circumstances permit.
- Empathy Tours reserves the right to employ subcontractors to carry out all or part of the services agreed to be supplied.
- Empathy Tours reserves the right to refuse any person from participating or continuing any tour if, in Empathy Tours ’ opinion or in the opinion of any other person in authority, the person concerned behaves in such a way as to cause or be likely to cause danger, hazard or inconvenience to any third party, damage to property or to the environment and ecosystems. No refunds will be made and Empathy Tours shall not be liable for expenses incurred as a result of the termination.
- All tours will be booked and confirmed only upon receipt of a 30% deposit of the basic program rate. For gorilla permits, a full advance payment of the permit fee is required in order to make the reservation.
- The payment balance is due no later than 42 days prior to the safari, unless agreed otherwise.
- Bookings made within 42 days before arrival must be paid in full at the time of confirmation.
- If payment is not received in accordance with the above, Empathy Tours has the right to cancel the booking.
- Payment can be made by VISA credit card, bank transfer or cash, before the start of the safari. Note that payments by VISA credit card attract a 5% service charge. Credit card transactions must be made at least two months prior to the start of your safari. Regretfully, traveller cheques are no longer accepted.
- The costs of international transactions (or 5% service charge in case of credit card payments) are to be fully paid by the client.
Cancellations and refunds
- All cancellation requests must be made in writing and shall be effective on the date of actual receipt by Empathy Tours .
- The following cancellation charges apply to the basic program rate:
- 60 days or more prior to arrival 10% charge
- 59 – 32 days prior to arrival 25% charge
- 31 – 8 days prior to arrival 50% charge
- 7 – 3 days prior to arrival 75% charge
- 48 hours or less prior to arrival 100% charge
- Empathy Tours reserves the right to deduct all expenses incurred from money paid.
- Gorilla permits and air tickets are 100% non-refundable.
- No refunds will be made for any unused services, late arrival or no-show of any of the members of the tour.
- Empathy Tours shall try to ensure that the company exceeds expectations in every area of the tour arrangements. However, suggestions are very much appreciated in order to keep improving the quality of the service.
- Complaints must be reported immediately to the Empathy Tours representative and the supplier of the service in question, who will do their best to resolve the matter. If the problem is not solved to the client’s satisfaction, the complaint should be reported in writing and not later than 30 days after completion of the tour.
- Liability for any complaints not notified in accordance with the above described procedure cannot be accepted.
Unless otherwise stated, Empathy Tours and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on Empathy Tours. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may access this from Empathy Tours for your own personal use subjected to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from Empathy Tours
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from Empathy Tours
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from Empathy Tours
- Redistribute content from Empathy Tours
Hyperlinking to our Content
The following organizations may link to our Website without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors may link to our Website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Websites of other listed businesses; and
- System wide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Website.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products and/or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
We may consider and approve other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources;
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities;
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we decide that: (a) the link would not make us look unfavorably to ourselves or to our accredited businesses; (b) the organization does not have any negative records with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility of the hyperlink compensates the absence of Empathy Tours; and (d) the link is in the context of general resource information.
These organizations may link to our home page so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are one of the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must inform us by sending an e-mail to Empathy Tours. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Website, and a list of the URLs on our site to which you would like to link. Wait 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Website as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Website being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of Empathy Tours’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and written permission, you may not create frames around our Web Pages that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Website.
- Empathy Tours will make every effort to ensure that all arrangements and services offered as part of the safari are carried out as specified in the most efficient way possible. However, the company does not have direct control of the provision of services by suppliers and, whilst every supplier is chosen with the utmost care, Empathy Tours does not accept liability for errors or omissions of such suppliers.
- Empathy Tours shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature whatsoever whether to person or property.
- Whilst every care is taken, Empathy Tours cannot be held responsible for the direct or indirect costs of loss or damage to baggage or personal possessions.
- Empathy Tours cannot accept liability or pay compensation for unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of the company or its staff, including flight delays/cancellations or force majeure such as war or threat of war, riots, civil disturbances, terrorist acts, border closure, acts of government or other authorities, strikes, thefts, epidemics, road closures, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, extreme weather conditions, fire, technical and/or mechanical problems to transport and all similar events beyond the company’s control.
- It is the responsibility of the travel agency/wholesaler to ensure that all members of the tour have the appropriate passports, visas, travel permits, health certificates and other documentation required for the safari.
- It is the responsibility of the clients to take proper medical and practical precautions in regard to health and safety. Medical advice should be sought well before travelling.
- Clients are strongly advised to obtain comprehensive travel insurance before coming to Uganda. Local evacuation coverage is available in the unlikely event of a medical emergency while on safari with Empathy Tours .
- The respective laws of the country govern Empathy Tours ’ liability to passengers carried in its own vehicles. All claims are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the country in which the cause of action arises.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and prohibitions of liability set in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort and for breach of statutory duty.
As long as the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.